GCSE Results Press Release
PRESS RELEASE – 24 August 2017
London Academy continue their success with impressive GCSE results
Students and staff at London Academy are celebrating phenomenal success in this year’s GCSE results. Despite national changes in this year’s GCSE results in English Language, English Literature and Maths, the percentage of students achieving the top grades remains impressive; including 21% of students achieving the very top grades of 7 – 9 in Mathematics. This follows a successful set of A Level results which saw over a third of offers for Universities from Russell Group Universities and 2017 being the fifth consecutive year of Oxbridge offers and entrances.
Students are now looking forward to returning in September to commence their A Levels at our Sixth Form in September.
In the 2017 examination results, London Academy students have excelled; subject highlights include:
• Biology: 25% achieved A*- A
• Chemistry: 32% achieved A*-A
• History 25% achieved A*-A
• Mathematics: 21% achieved 7-9 ( A*-A )
• Physics: 25% achieved A*-A
In addition to an overall trend of improvement, there have been some outstanding individual performances:
• Hao Yee joined the school in Year 9, unable to speak any English. Today she received outstanding GCSE results: A*AAAAAAA689. She intends to stay at London Academy Sixth Form, and study Biomedical Science at University.
• Olavo was celebrating exceptional grades today, having achieved; A*A*A*AAAB986. Upon receiving his results, Olavo said: “Every single teacher is dedicated to helping students, and do their best to prepare all students for exams”.
• Berna has made incredible progress throughout the year; with results including A*AB68. We are exceptionally proud of her hard work and look forward to welcoming her back to the London Academy Sixth Form in September, to repeat her successes.
• Samin attained a remarkable spread of results: A*A*AAAA788 and commented “All members of staff care about each students’ individual capabilities and needs, this nurturing environment has really contributed to my success, and I am very grateful for all that London Academy has provided me with”.
Speaking of his results, Mohit; who achieved A*A*AAA9 in Physics, Business Studies, Computing, Chemistry, Biology and Maths said: “London Academy is an amazing place to learn. Teachers are passionate about delivering exciting and engaging lessons, and are willing to go above and beyond to offer extra support at every opportunity. There are many facilities and resources tailored to help students’ succeed. I’m looking forward to coming back in September for Sixth Form and go on to University to study engineering.”
Overjoyed students, parents and staff celebrated the successes of the year group at London Academy and are looking forward to an exciting future, with many students returning to the Sixth Form in September.
Principal, Paddy McGrath commented: “Congratulations to the class of 2017 in securing another set of outstanding results. I am extremely proud of what our students have achieved, the results are a testament of their determination, hard work and commitment, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank staff for their ongoing dedication to our students’ achievements. We look forward to welcoming many of them back to the Sixth Form in September where we are sure they will continue their academic success”.
London Academy is an all-through school located in the North West of the London Borough of Barnet. It forms part of the AIM Academies Trust with Deansbrook Junior School. The Academy has exceptional facilities within its new building designed by Norman Foster.
These are provisional results.
Spur Road, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 8DE