6th Form Exam Results
Brothers heading to Cambridge University and Royal Holloway among successes at London Academy
London Academy is thrilled to share the excellent results achieved by A Level and Level 3 BTEC students this year; with 83% of all grades A*-C, over a third of offers for Universities from Russell Group Universities and 2017 being the fifth consecutive year of Oxbridge offers and entrances.
Students’ hard work throughout their time in the Sixth Form has paid off with the majority now looking forward to progressing onto university.
Having received positive results across the board, there were some stand out subjects and individual successes. In addition to high overall pass rates, the number of students achieving the top A*-B grades were impressive, including:
- 83% of grades A*-B in Mathematics; of the 29 students, 41% achieved A* grade, above the national average of 17.9%.
- 83% of grades A*-B in Further Mathematics
- 70% of grades A*-B in Engineering
- 50% of grades A*-B in French
- 42% of grades A*-B in Chemistry
- Ali Reza, our highest performer, achieved A*, A*, A and A (Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics) and will read Medical Engineering at Imperial College London.
- Andrei is leaving London Academy with A*, A, A grades; and will be attending Kings College London to study Maths.
- Francesca was exceptionally pleased with her A*, B, B grades in Maths, Geography and Biology, and is heading to the University of Leeds to study Zoology.
- Anish achieved 3 A grades in Biology, Maths and Chemistry, with a promising future career in Medicine; with a Surgery specialism.
Outstanding achiever Shayan is thrilled to have secured a place at UCL, to study Chemistry. Shayan credits committed teachers, advising future students to take advantage of the ongoing and valuable support offered at London Academy throughout the A-Level process.
Following impressive results in Maths, Geography and Economics, Omar is looking forward to attending Cambridge University in September. “I am absolutely delighted with my results, I couldn’t have asked for any more from my teachers or the academy; the community atmosphere provides a great support network and this helped me to succeed in a subject I am passionate about”. His brother Karim, is celebrating his secured place at Royal Holloway to study Accounting and Finance, after achieving an A* and B in Maths and Further Maths.
The students’ high aspirations and determination to succeed has provided the confidence to aim high and embody the London Academy motto; Leaders for Tomorrow. University destinations include King’s College London, Cambridge University, Royal Holloway, Brunel University, University of Bristol, Leeds University, Leicester University, Queen Mary’s and UCL.
Head of Sixth Form, Alex Warburton, said of the results: “All of us at London Academy are incredibly proud of our students, they are a credit to the school and their continuous hard work has given them the opportunity to prosper and progress in their chosen pathways”.
Year 12 students also performed extremely well having achieved excellent results which will provide strong foundations for their final exams in the summer of 2018.
Executive Principal and CEO of Aim Academies Trust, Angela Trigg stated: “The achievements of our students have come as a direct result and reward of their continuous efforts, dedication and grit. I am overwhelmingly proud of all students, and would like to thank our committed network of staff, which has gone above and beyond in providing students with excellent teaching, support and subject knowledge. We are thrilled to see so many of our students progressing into further education or returning to our Sixth Form in September, we wish all London Academy students, both past and present every success in the future”