London Academy Sixth Form has a quality learning environment equipped to ensure learners develop the skills and values for the 21st Century economy and society. Young people need to be adaptable, creative, enterprising and innovative.
London Academy Sixth Form will make a difference to:
- Life opportunities for young people.
- Local and national employers.
- The local community.
Who can apply to join us?
London Academy Sixth Form is committed to providing courses and qualifications for all young people. We are a non-selective, mixed, all ability academy. Priority is given to current students at London Academy but a significant number of students join us from other schools to pursue Sixth Form studies.
Why do young people need Sixth Form studies?
Government research tells us that over 90% of young people must remain in full time education until the age of 18. Young people leaving education today can expect to change career at least four times during their working life. Education gives them the skills and attitudes to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing employment market.
Our Sixth Form mission:
Students from London Academy Sixth Form will be among the ‘Leaders for Tomorrow’. We provide a high quality learning environment and personalised curriculum based on skills and values that encourage thinking, creativity, enterprise and independent learning.
21st Century resources & facilities
London Academy Sixth Form has two areas devoted to Sixth Form learning:
- Two dedicated suite of computers for Sixth Form use, during study periods, after school, weekends and holidays.
- A Sixth Form Centre available Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 6:30pm and selected times during any holiday period.
- A full time Student Manager and Administration Team for the Centre.
- A library of specialist resources within the Centre for Sixth Form Studies.
- A new Sixth Form Centre with its own Costa Coffee dining area, classrooms and study centre.
Other resources & facilities
- Fully ICT networked rooms across the Academy.
- Over 1000 computers available to students.
- Outstanding new sports facilities including sports hall, gym & multi-gym.
- 2 drama studios.
- Art studio with full ICT network.
- Multi-media resources centre.
- 10 new science laboratories.
- Specialist staff appointed to support.